Friday, October 31, 2008

MLM Training - Why Prospects Disappear and How to Get Them Back by Tim Sales

So here we are on Halloween... isn't it scary when things appear suddenly out of the dark? It can be just as unsettling when things that were once there disappear from our view. Like that prospect that had been so excited to meet with you and now cannot be found anywhere.

Tim Sales has some ideas on the subject and how you can handle these spooky events...


MLM Training - Why Prospects Disappear and How to Get Them Back
By Tim Sales

Over the past several months I've received many questions with a similar theme. Each of these questions leaves me a clue as to what's going on... what you're doing and what you're not doing.

The questions start off explaining that you're doing everything I taught you in Professional Inviter, specifically, you GREET correctly and the prospect talks with you in a friendly manner and then you move to the QUALIFY step and the prospect tells you what would make their life better. You INVITE them to look at a video and just like some of the live calls you heard me do they are eager to watch the video and you CLOSE THEM TO ACTION by getting the specific date and time to FOLLOW UP with them. Both of you happily hang up the phone and then POOF, the prospect vanishes.

What did you do wrong?

You start backtracking through everything in your mind trying to figure out what you missed and what you possibly could have done wrong. You felt such a great connection with the person - surely they wouldn't avoid your call. Surely they would at least have the decency to say they're not interested, if that's the case. But maybe they had an emergency come up and simply couldn't come to the phone. Maybe you got the time wrong - maybe you said 8 pm but thought 7 pm.

This is all NOISE in your head.

If you do not follow my FOLLOW UP procedures exactly, this noise in your head could destroy your confidence and walk you backwards right out of the business. I cover this in detail in Professional Inviter (www.ProfessionalInviter.com in the Follow Up section) along with letting you hear live calls. But here, I will outline the procedures and why they are so important.

DAY OF SCHEDULED CALL
On the day of the scheduled follow up call - call them exactly when you said you would.

If they do not answer the phone - leave an upbeat message something like this, "Hello Mark; this is Tim Sales. I'm calling you at the scheduled time. You can give me a call at 801.222.2222. Let me give that number to you again 801.222.2222. I'll also try to reach you as well because I'm going to be out and away from my phone for a while. I look forward to talking with you and finding out what you thought about the video. Bye bye."
You can call them one more time today provided it's not past 9pm. If you do call a second time, don't leave a message.

DAY 2
Call them one time. Leave a message, "Hello Mark - this is Tim Sales. I'm just trying to catch up with you. I'll try you later or you can call me back. 801.222.2222; again 801.222.2222."

OVER THE NEXT 7 DAYS - CALL 3 TIMES
Only leave a message on one of those calls.

OVER THE NEXT 7 DAYS - CALL 2 TIMES
Only leave a message on one of those calls.

OVER THE NEXT 7 DAYS - CALL 1 TIME
If cold market: Leave a final message, "Hello Mark; this is Tim Sales. I'm calling you to let you know that I won't be calling you again. I'm taking you not returning my call to mean that you're not interested - which is fine because I really just wanted to help you get ______. If you want to pick this up at another time I'd be happy to help you. I wish you well Mark, bye bye."

If warm market: Leave a final message, "Hello Mark; this is Tim Sales. I'm calling you to let you know that I won't be calling you again concerning the business. I'm taking you not returning my call to mean that you're not interested - which is fine because I really just wanted to help you get ______. Mark, I sure hope that me inviting you to look at ______ didn't in some way violate our friendship. If it did, please let me know because I definitely want to make that right. Your friendship to me means more than anything we could ever do business-wise. If you'd prefer to email me, my email is _______. Please do get in touch with me, bye bye."

Why you MUST do this...
You need to follow this exactly as I laid it out because it's what got the best results for me and people joining my downline. Sure, you could not call them again after their "disappearance" - but you'd be missing out on some that would have otherwise joined your business after a bit more objection handling.

Also, you need to leave a "final" message so that YOU can move on and your PROSPECT can move on.

You see, when you have something incomplete (such as two people who scheduled an appointment but didn't have the meeting) - you will keep bringing it up in your mind over and over again - this is damaging to you because it continually keeps you looking at that event "wondering." The prospect also has something incomplete in that they know they made a commitment they didn't keep. Now, they may justify their actions with "they'll take the hint" or some other such thoughts but the mere fact that they have that thought is enough to know that they too are incomplete.

By you leaving a final message which concludes the event for both of you - both of you can move on. I'd say 1/3 of the time that I've left a final message, I've gotten some kind of call back apologizing for them not calling me back. Many times they claim it was because they "got busy." It honestly doesn't matter what happened. You're doing this so you can fully move on.

So, earlier when I said that your questions leave me clues to what you're doing and what you're not doing - the questions surrounding you being upset about people going "poof" on you told me you're not doing sufficient follow-up and not leaving final messages.

Just try it - you'll see that you really will recover some of those who disappeared and you really will move on when you leave the final message.

Tim Sales

P.S. The follow-up sequence is only one small part of what you'll learn in Professional Inviter (www.professionalinviter.com). To know what to do every step of the way, from introduction to distributor sign-up, get and listen to Professional Inviter. You'll increase your confidence and your income.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home